Thursday 21 February 2013

XB3001 GAMES PROPOSAL #22: Preproduction Stage 8- Top Down Map

This is the last of a series of eight posts detailing the preproduction process of my own level. This final post focuses on the Top Down Map

I initially did a very simple layout, focusing mostly on progression between each individual section of the level. You can see the result below:-
 From there, I removed the last triad of rooms before the end and created a more detailed and refined map, this time keeping in mind the various tasks I wanted players to undertake in these spaces

This is more or less exactly the same layout as the final level, though I have made some revisions to certain sections. Aaand that about covers my Preproduction process for the Level Design assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment