Around the time I was going through the Preproduction of my level, I'd been playing a lot of the new DMC: Devil May Cry game. I really liked the setting and environment design from that game, and in a way it kind of influenced my decisions for certain parts of this assignment, specifically this stage.
My decisions for Location and Setting are as follows:-
• Level is set in a bizarre, supernatural realm outside our plane of existence
• It is Limbo/ Purgatory-esque setting, somewhere between ‘Heaven’ and ‘Hell’
• The area players must navigate is a series of floating structures filled with various challenges
• Structure appear higher and higher/ lower and lower as player proceeds
• Surreal, floating architecture and structures. Open ceiling structures, players can see other rooms around the level
The next stage is Photo Reference