Wednesday 30 January 2013

XB3002 GAMES FUTURES #2: Design Post 1- Concept Documents

Right, quick note about the formatting of these posts; I've been told that all my XB3002 blog posts need to be separated into Design and Research. Therefore, all future posts for this module will be marked as such. We clear? Good.

Anyway, if you can recall my last XB3002 post, I noted down the three game ideas that I intended to use for my first deliverable, the 3 concept documents. Well, over the last couple of weeks, I've been working on said documents, which brings us to today's post. So, here they are:-

Document 1: Turn Based Strategy





Document 2: Cooperative Platformer




Document 3: Business Simulation Game




As of now, I'm planning to use the Strategy game for the final Games Design Document. It's a genre I'm not familiar with, which should allow for more research, plus it has less potential for complications than, say, the platformer. I also feel that it'll allow me to explore the ethical side of cloning more effectively than the other concepts.
That about wraps up this post. Next post should include the project plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment